I recently discovered Postbox. Postbox is an email application. I decided to give it a try and fell in love. Postbox is a bit to get used to, but well worth it in my opinion. Clay and I have been finding what we’ve dubbed “Nuggets” on a daily basis—seemingly secret features that make things so much easier. Here are just a few reasons I love Postbox.
- Accounts folders are separated in the left column so I don’t view a long list.
- Click on a street address and it takes me to the location on Google maps!
- Templates! Finally!
- Email archiving with the click of one button.
- Folders can be set to automatically delete messages after X number of days or messages. Excellent for mailing lists!
- Messages and folders can be opened in new tabs instead windows.
- Searching is excellent once you get used to the procedure.
- Easy filing of messages into mailboxes using the keyboard.
- Smart folders are wonderfully specific
- “Conversations” let me see the entire discussion relating to a message
I’ve had a few menu quirks where things don’t redraw properly (reported) but otherwise everything is working nicely and even better than Apple Mail. Postbox is my little secret, so don’t use it. However, if you decide you must indulge yourself, we can help get you started. Take special care of the archiving preference to be sure you’re archiving where you mean to be (on your computer or on the server).
Postbox is $30 direct from Postbox, Inc.